As required by California Law, our Board of Trustees has adopted academic eligibility standards for participation in extracurricular activities. Please review the information in this letter carefully if you are interested in participating in extracurricular activities here at Delhi High School. These academic requirements do not apply to summer activities.
This policy affects the following groups of students: student-athletes and pep unit members, i.e., mascots, short flags, etc...
Briefly, here is a summary of the new requirements:
1. Athletes and pep unit members, must have a minimum 2.0 unweighted grade point average (GPA) in order to participate. This is not a cumulative GPA—it is the GPA from the preceding quarter grading period.
2. In addition to the requirements established by our District, student-athletes must meet CIF eligibility requirements.
3. There is a one-time only probation period. This period is one quarter in length, and students may participate while on probation. If the student does not achieve an unweighted GPA of at least 2.0 at the end of the quarter probationary period, he or she becomes ineligible and does not become eligible until achieving the required GPA in a succeeding quarter.
4. Students must pass and earn full credit in at least five classes during the previous quarter.
5. Students who wish to participate in a school activity must attend all of their classes on the day of activity unless the absence received prior written administrative approval.
6. Summer school grades shall be added to the fourth quarter grades to determine eligibility for the first quarter of the upcoming school year only, at the written request of the student and parent(s) submitted to the Assistant Principal, Instruction/Student Affairs not later than the first day of school for students in September.
7. There is an appeals process if a student is placed on probation or declared ineligible.
8. It is the responsibility of the student to be aware of the eligibility requirements. It is the responsibility of the principal or designee to notify the student/parent when the student has failed to meet the requirements.
If you have questions about eligibility, please call the office at: 209- 656-2050